As our country and the world continues to be impacted by the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic, we are putting the safety of our customer and team members first.
Committed to moving your family safely
In these unprecedented times we take our role as an Essential Service provider seriously and we remain open to serve our customers. AAA Movers understands our clients might need to make last minute changes and reservations and we are specifically equipped to meet these requests. AAA Movers is closely following guidelines put in place by the federal government, local governments, and the CDC to ensure the safety of every move.
Safety first: Crews following CDC safety protocols
We will continue to keep mission-critical functions working, including dispatch, customer service, moving/packing, and warehousing. AAA Movers as a company, as well as our moving and packing crews, will adhere to the following procedures before, during and after your move:
- Dispatch times are separated to reduce the number of employees gathering along with
- Implemented segregated crew teams to limit exposure of teams working together
- Dedicated team lead to monitor/enforce onsite CDC protocols during the move
- Periodic Cleaning of high traffic areas within our Dispatch Area
- AAA Movers Dispatch assesses all employees’ health on move projects daily. Any AAA employee that is exhibiting the symptoms of COVID-19 will be asked to go/stay home.
- Refrain from shaking hands and perform frequent hand sanitation. Maintain a safe distance between team members and customers. The crew will be provided with personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Provide pre/post touch wipe downs of the truck cabs, technology, and moving equipment.
- We ask our customers to notify us immediately if you feel ill or have come into close contact with someone who has the virus.
AAA Movers will continue to monitor and comply with this situation with the greatest level of care and we thank you for your resilience and perseverance – we will come through this stronger than ever.